Wednesday, February 21, 2024

DUCKS ON YOUR HEAD

In kindness, there was a weariness profound,

A shifting mind, too often lost, then found.

Amidst the chaos, troubles, and strife,

I yearn for peace, a pause from this life.

Breathing, once easy, now feels like a chore,

Understanding, once clear, now lives here  no more.

Sights, sounds, feelings, overwhelming as they call,

Concerns that aren't mine, yet I think of them all.

In motion, such weariness so deep,

In waiting, a tiredness that steals my sleep.

Always there for others, I forgot my heart,

Denying myself the freedom to err, to restart.

Weariness has found a home in me,

Oh I'll find rest, when tiredness sets me free.


(Version 1/Safe Version)

Sakura Magtanggol, 2024

----



i have gotten tired of being kind

i have gotten tired of changing mind

i have gotten tired of all the mess and troubles i need to check 

and solve and be just done after not breathing (almost) to keep up

i have gotten tired of breathing

i have gotten tired of understanding

i have gotten tired of seeing, listening, feeling all those concerns 

that sometimes i think, (no, i know) doesn't even concern me at all

i have gotten tired of moving

i have gotten tired of waiting

i have gotten tired of being always there for everyone, 

and not giving myself chance to err or snoooze for a little while.

i have gotten tired. 

i am not resting until this tired gets tired of me.

(Version 2/ Sane Version)

Sakura Magtanggol, 2024


No comments: